From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Brainstorming how to collaboratively work on kernels
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:02:07
1 Denys Duchier wrote:
2 > Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> writes:
5 >>The last time we seriously tested svn we found that svn choked on a
6 >>repository the size of the portage tree. The problem w/ arch (and w/
7 >>metacvs, which would be my preference), is that neither system has a
8 >>good migration utility from cvs. The history of changes that is kept in
9 >>our cvs tree is extremely valuable, and thus any new system that does
10 >>not allow us to keep that history is a non-starter.
13 > arch has cscvs to migrate the full history stored in a CVS archive to
14 > an arch (changeset-based) archive.
15 >
16 > Cheers,
17 >
18 I found
19
20 http://wiki.sourcecontrol.net/moin.cgi/Arch_20and_20CVS_20in_20the_20same_20tree
21
22 something that may be interesting if we want move to use arch/tla.
23
24 lu
27 Luca Barbato
28 Developer