From: Denys Duchier <duchier@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Brainstorming how to collaboratively work on kernels
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:42:24
1 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> writes:
2
3 > The last time we seriously tested svn we found that svn choked on a
4 > repository the size of the portage tree. The problem w/ arch (and w/
5 > metacvs, which would be my preference), is that neither system has a
6 > good migration utility from cvs. The history of changes that is kept in
7 > our cvs tree is extremely valuable, and thus any new system that does
8 > not allow us to keep that history is a non-starter.
9
10 arch has cscvs to migrate the full history stored in a CVS archive to
11 an arch (changeset-based) archive.
12
13 Cheers,
16 Dr. Denys Duchier