From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Brainstorming how to collaboratively work on kernels
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:05:27
1 > Once you decide to dump CVS, backward compability and user familiarity are
2 > removed as relevant problems. What are the other obstacles to using
3 > Subversion or arch
4
5 The last time we seriously tested svn we found that svn choked on a
6 repository the size of the portage tree. The problem w/ arch (and w/
7 metacvs, which would be my preference), is that neither system has a
8 good migration utility from cvs. The history of changes that is kept in
9 our cvs tree is extremely valuable, and thus any new system that does
10 not allow us to keep that history is a non-starter.
11
12 -g2boojum-
13 --
14 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>