From: "Andrew P. Lentvorski
To: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Brainstorming how to collaboratively work on kernels
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:23:49
1 On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Brian Jackson wrote:
2
3 > We can't really subject cvs.gentoo.org to the kind of abuse that 5 kernel
4 > trees would introduce. Subversion isn't an option (and I'd assume that arch,
5 > and others isn't either).
6
7 Once you decide to dump CVS, backward compability and user familiarity are
8 removed as relevant problems. What are the other obstacles to using
9 Subversion or arch?
10
11 At the very least, consider Perforce before Bitkeeper. Several of the
12 FreeBSD developers seem to use Perforce behind the scenes, and it hasn't
13 seemed to provoke even a fraction of the animosity that Bitkeeper does.
14
15 -a
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list