From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gkrellm extra's
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:42:18
1 fre 2001-12-28 klockan 17.11 skrev djamil essaissi:
2 > hey guys;
3 > well, i see that ... beeing all humans seeing things differently ... for
4 > example gnomedb can see it self in gnome or office or x11-misc ...or
5 > whatever it's just an example maybe a poor one ...
6 > so why not making symbolic links so we have ebuils "A" in many locations
7 > ? ...
8 > is it too much to maintain ?!
9
10 Well, for one thing it would be unmaintainable since ebuilds would start
11 pointing to them by symbolic links and stuff. Next is that symbolic
12 links doesn't work in CVS so it's undoable.
13
14 Possibility to do 'emerge gnome-db' or 'efind gnome-db' or something
15 would be better.
16
17 Regards,
18 Mikael Hallendal