From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Category - dev-pic OR dev-embedded
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:56:31
1 Robin,
2
3 Why not help move forward with what's leftover of the #gentoo-embedded
4 project. I'm what you will learn over the course of this class would be
5 suited for such a place.
6 There is a few of us already even in the irc channel few months now. It
7 just needs some leadership.
8
9 As for a new category I'm sorta opposed. uClibc, busybox and the such
10 are placed in existing categories and I'm pretty sure of the 102
11 existing ones a place could be found for this. The more new top level
12 categories we add the slower portage gets..
13 However feel free to ignore me, I might not know what I'm talking about.