From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <wk@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA Overlay Layout support.
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 20:03:11
1 On Monday, 02. March 2009 10:29:59 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > Also, having separate overlays would allow one to do experimental stuff
3 > with eclasses in the experimental overlay without affecting users of the
4 > base overlay. Until we get versioned eclasses, I don't see how one can
5 > do that with a single overlay.
6
7 You've used it yourself before in GenKDEsvn. :-)
8
9 We have a private git repository for development. Any commit in its master
10 branch gets auto-pushed by a simple hook to the public repository which is the
11 overlay.
12
13 Any other branches in the private overlay stay just there. They're not
14 publicly visible by default but they *can* be published for guinea pigs who
15 feel like suffering. Once the the experimental stuff is safe enough for the
16 public overlay, merge that branch to master and - swoosh!
17
18 Best regards, Wulf