From: Jonathan Callen <abcd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Removal of kdeprefix news item
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 09:51:02
1 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 >>>>>> On Wed, 18 May 2011, Jonathan Callen wrote:
4 >
5 >> Display-If-Installed: kde-base/kdelibs[kdeprefix]
6 >
7 > I don't think that USE dependencies (or any other EAPI specific
8 > features) are allowed here.
9
10 The GLEP does not make any meantion as to whether it is legal to use
11 USE dependencies here. I have, however, tested with portage and
12 portage itself Does The Right Thing when faced with a USE dep in
13 Display-If-Installed.
14
15 >> run: emerge --oneshot $(qlist -IC kde-base/)
16 >
17 > Is it guaranteed that your users have portage-utils installed?
18 > Otherwise the qlist command may not be available.
21 I had thought that we depended on this, but I was mistaken (the
22 dependency was pulled in via pambase). I guess we could just use
23 `emerge --update --deep --newuse @world` (and yes, @world is available
24 in stable portage).
27 Jonathan Callen