From: Bret Towe <magnade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mac/xmms-mac licence issue
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 03:40:40
1 On 12/24/05, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:17:05 -0800 Bret Towe <magnade@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > | On 12/24/05, Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o> wrote:
4 > | > This isn't politics, but copyright infringement on top of a
5 > | > ridiculous license (when you want to see it as one) we had a short
6 > | > discussion¹ about several months ago.
7 > |
8 > | im sorry i fail to see how copyright infringement or a ridiculous
9 > | licence matters when commiting a ebuild to portage just pick a
10 > | licence if thats the issue warn the user and leave it at that
11 >
12 > Would you like us to add the Windows XP source code to the tree with
13 > LICENSE="gpl-2" as well?
14
15 whats the point i cant get the same crap from /dev/random
16
17 sarcasm aside considering its just an ebuild that points to the source
18 which could be not hosted on gentoo mirrors and the LICENCE bit
19 is to notify the user ahead of time what the licence is and,
20 assuming the functionality was there, allow said user to ignore
21 all applications that use that licence type but since that isnt there
22 it could be anything and it doesnt really matter now does it?
23
24 > --
25 > Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
26 > Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
27 > Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list