From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage fork: sys-apps/portage-mgorny
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 16:48:58
1 On 2018-03-23 18:44, Patrick McLean wrote:
2 > At my (and zmedico's) employer we use Gentoo heavily (all of our servers
3 > run it), and have a few large internal overlays and hundreds of internal
4 > profiles. There are packages in upstream Gentoo that we maintain an
5 > internal fork of, and it would be extremely useful if we could mask the
6 > ::gentoo version of something so a version bump does not cause it to be
7 > installed instead of our forked version.
8
9 I have the same need, but it works for me: I have several packages in
10 /etc/portage/package.mask directory with content like
11
12 <cat>/<pkg>::gentoo
13
14 to make sure the package from Gentoo repository isn't used.
15
16 But I guess you are talking about a different thing?
20 Regards,
21 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
22 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5