From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] opinion on how to improve the website redesign
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 01:13:48
1 On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 01:53:01AM +0100, Ingo Bormuth wrote:
2 >
3 > - Where is the "Search for ______ in section ______" field ? I would expect it
4 > somewhere on the top. See http://php.net for a good and tiny one.
5
6 ah, excellent idea ... we get people who ask for this from time to time
7 in bugzilla ...
8
9 > - I don't like the big, purple bar (portage, packages, get gentoo, forums,
10 > donage). Get rid of it. Instead, put the headliners from the bottom
11 > (documentation, resources, community) here. It just has to be a bit smaller
12 > in height (multi column instead?).
13 > You could add another Headline (maybe 'Introduction') for new users (topics
14 > could be 'Why Gentoo Linux', 'Download', 'Handbook', 'Packages', 'Portage').
15
16 condensing the big purple panel into a smaller one would work nicely
17 i think ... and it'd help condense information without losing too much
18 -mike
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list