From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Cascading profiles for normal Gentoo usage or not
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:40:41
1 I'm very confused. Some developers tell me that we should use the cascading
2 profiles now and that the flat profiles are outdated; others tell me that
3 cascading profiles are still in development and shouldn't be advised for
4 normal usage.
5
6 What's the truth behind this? Do we all need to use the cascading profiles
7 and the bootstrap-cascade.sh script or the flat profiles with the
8 bootstrap.sh script?
9
10 A very confused Sven Vermeulen
13 Bent Hindrup Andersen, Danish MEP, about the Software Patent Directive:
14 The approach of the Commission and Council in this directive is shocking.
15 They are making full use of all the possibilities of evading democracy that
16 the current Community Law provides. <http://lwn.net/Articles/84009/>