From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Sebastian Dr?ge <sebastian.droege@×××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LUFS - obsoleted, pending removal
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:05:20
1 On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 10:41:13PM +0100, Sebastian Dr?ge wrote:
2 > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:01:59 +0100
3 > Stefan Schweizer <sschweizer@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:24:28 +0100, Daniel Armyr
6 > > <daniel.armyr@××××.se> wrote:
7 > > > Is sshfs supported by the new package?
8 > >
9 > > Should be replaced by avfs, but I did not get that compiling.
10 > >
11 > > I propose you to use "emerge -va shfs" for ssh :)
12 > > It works without fuse or lufs and has its own kernel module.
13 >
14 > But a generic userspace filesystem is the cleaner solution for
15 > something which needs a userspace application to work... why should
16 > one develop the same parts over and over again when there's a generic
17 > solution for such things?
18
19 See FUSE. People are working to get that into the main kernel tree, see
20 the linux-fs and linux-kernel mailing list archives for discussions
21 about the current limitations of all userspace fs implementations.
22
23 thanks,
24
25 greg k-h