From: "Sebastian Dröge" <sebastian.droege@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LUFS - obsoleted, pending removal
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:41:21
1 On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:01:59 +0100
2 Stefan Schweizer <sschweizer@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:24:28 +0100, Daniel Armyr
5 > <daniel.armyr@××××.se> wrote:
6 > > Is sshfs supported by the new package?
7 >
8 > Should be replaced by avfs, but I did not get that compiling.
9 >
10 > I propose you to use "emerge -va shfs" for ssh :)
11 > It works without fuse or lufs and has its own kernel module.
12
13 But a generic userspace filesystem is the cleaner solution for
14 something which needs a userspace application to work... why should
15 one develop the same parts over and over again when there's a generic
16 solution for such things? smbfs/cifs could also be implemented this
17 way much cleaner
18
19 Bye
22 Homepage: http://slomosnail.de