From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fix binary debug support, part elevenity billion 1/2
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:36:45
1 On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 17:56 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 DEBUG_CFLAGS=DEBUG_CXXFLAGS="-O -g"
3
4 Mike,
5 how about
6 DEBUG_CFLAGS=DEBUG_CXXFLAGS="-O -g -fno-stack-protector -fno-pie"
7
8 All Gentoo properly supported toolchains support the last two flags and
9 it ensures that debugging almost works for hardened users too.
10 I'd say I could just run with the extra
11 flags in the hardened/* profiles but it seems a good portion of the
12 users these days seem to be vanilla users using 'gcc-config > 1'
16 solar <solar@g.o>
17 Gentoo Linux
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list