From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fix binary debug support, part elevenity billion 1/2
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:56:47
1 solar <solar@g.o> said:
2 > On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 17:56 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > DEBUG_CFLAGS=DEBUG_CXXFLAGS="-O -g"
4 >
5 > Mike,
6 > how about
7 > DEBUG_CFLAGS=DEBUG_CXXFLAGS="-O -g -fno-stack-protector -fno-pie"
8 >
9 > All Gentoo properly supported toolchains support the last two flags and
10 > it ensures that debugging almost works for hardened users too.
11
12 Please lets avoid this assumption. I'd love to make it so we never make this
13 assumption anywhere in the tree so that we could actually build GCC without
14 pie or ssp, instead of generating all of the GCC profiles for every user.
17 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
18 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
19 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
20 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
21 http://www.halcy0n.com