From: "Michal Prívozník" <mprivozn@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] zoom concerns
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 08:02:09
1 On 2. 4. 2020 7:51, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2020-04-02 at 10:13 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> And I would like to add that sometimes you don't have a choice - if
4 >> someone who is paying you says to use zoom, there is no choice
5 >
6 > You always have a choice. You can live poor and happy! ;-)
7 >
8 >> - but I
9 >> would rather use gentoo than fire up the MS laptop..
10 >
11 > ...and here's where we disagree. It's better to run risky apps
12 > on a throwaway system than let them damage or crack your primary system.
15 Alternatively, you can set up a VM that contains nothing but the bare
16 minimum required to run app X and assign webcam to it, for instance.
17 Having said that, I'd still love the packaging system to install the app
18 as it resolves all the dependencies, etc.
19
20 Michal