From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:47:46
1 On Thu October 28 2004 20:35, Alexander Plank wrote:
2 > Yes. I think it would be highly beneficial to keep retired devs' blogs
3 > on the server. I'm sure there would be a lot of useful content worth
4 > keeping on our server. I'm sure the arguments for deleting old blogs
5 > will be based on our server resources. I honestly believe that the
6 > amount of server space for retired developers' blogs will be trivial at
7 > most. Regardless, these blogs may contain important information that
8 > will be beneficial to users. In addition, they will serve in
9 > documenting some of the history of the development process of Gentoo. I
10 > think the small amount of server space/resources that they do consume
11 > will be worth it. Just my 2 cents.
12
13 I agree. They should just be left alone unless the retired dev
14 specifically wants the blog taken down.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
18 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F