From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing the metastructure (was: [Council] Summary of the last meeting)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:11:17
1 On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 08:27 +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > (As a second principle, if GLEP 39 is amended, wouldn't it be better
3 > to publish a new GLEP to superceed it, rather than revise the existing
4 > GLEP?)
5
6 Also, I'd like to know what you would propose we do if we were to follow
7 something like this. Would we post something like GLEP 39a, as an
8 amendment to GLEP 39, or would we have to rewrite the whole thing, with
9 just the one change, to supersede?
10
11 Perhaps we need an amendment to GLEP 1 to allow explictly-stated
12 amendments?
13
14 Realize that the new council is trying to both become the leaders of
15 Gentoo that so many seem to want, yet also have to balance not
16 overstepping the bounds some people think we need. We honestly do need
17 everyone's opinions on these things, so thank you for posing yours.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
22 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
23 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
24 Gentoo Foundation