From: Cyprien Nicolas <gentoo@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] scheme herd needs help
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 21:22:00
1 On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 02:39:22PM +0100, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > El dom, 03-02-2013 a las 12:36 +0100, Cyprien Nicolas escribió:
3 > > On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 01:54:29PM +0100, Pacho Ramos wrote:
4 > > > After talking with them, it's really understaffed to properly handle all
5 > > > packages they cover right now. Would be nice if anyone would be willing
6 > > > to join (as a dev or proxy maintainer). The following packages are
7 > > > especially needed of a maintainer to handle them:
8 > > (...)
9 > > > dev-scheme/guile
10 > >
11 > > guile is partially maintained in the lisp overlay, I managed to
12 > > provide SLOT support for guile-2, feel free to contact me or
13 > > gentoo-lisp@lists for more info/pushing it to the tree. I also have
14 > > good contacts with guile's upstream.
17 > Who is behind lisp overlay? Only you or more people that could also be
18 > contacted to try to get them maintaining guile? Thanks for the info
19
20 We are 2 or 3 non-dev volonteers. pchrist is busy with life and
21 common-lisp stuff, grozin and radhermit give a hand on some
22 packages. The lisp overlay guys are easily rechable through
23 #gentoo-lisp or gentoo-lisp mailing list.
24
25 About guile, I'm the only one having touched it for the last 2 years
26 [1]. I think I could proxy-maint it, with an experienced dev in
27 eselect modules and multiple SLOT packages.
28
29 > > > dev-scheme/hop
30 > >
31 > > I work with hop upstream (and for dev-scheme/bigloo too). My PhD
32 > > thesis subject is about hop, so I have good knowledge on how Hop
33 > > works. I have ebuilds for it, I will be happy to tell anyone
34 > > interested about this package (and maybe move it to www-servers/
35 > > category).
38 > As you are not (yet) a developer with commit rights, maybe you could
39 > proxy maintain it, will CC proxy-maint people
40
41 I could. Even if I do think that hop in the tree is not needed
42 currently, it does not build, it is very outdated. I think people
43 using it use it from the lisp overlay where I just pushed 2.4.0.
44
45 I won't object if dev-scheme/hop is tree-cleaned. I'd better finish my
46 quizzes first :-)
49 Cyprien Nicolas (Fulax)
50 Gentoo Lisp project contrib