From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for advanced useflag-syntax
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:55:22
1 * Jan Kundrat <jkt@g.o> schrieb:
2 > On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
3 > > For example: I've got several headless server systems where I now
4 > > have to run some X applications. I only need xlib (and its deps)
5 > > on this system, not the whole X distribution. In a monolithic
6 > > world, I would have to install *everything*, from server to tools,
7 > > just for getting some libs.
8 >
9 > Or you could have used the "minimal" USE flag.
10
11 And what does this flag exactly say at this point ?
12
13 Install only xlib ?
14 Install xlib and some further ones ? Which ones ?
15 Install all libs ?
18 cu
19 --
21 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
23 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
24 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
25 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
26 http://patches.metux.de/
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list