From: Paul <set@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Very bad ebuild-writing practice.
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:30:18
1 Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>, on Mon Aug 19, 2002 [02:40:59 PM] said:
2 > On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 01:44, Alexander Gretencord wrote:
3 [...]
4 > >
5 > > Well I think we do need such ebuilds _but_ they gotta be named
6 > > accordingly. You have to see that it is a cvs ebuild. I for one use
7 [...]
8 >
9 > Have a look at Dan's kde-cvs ebuilds @
10 > http://www.gentoo.org/~danarmak/kde-cvs.html
11 >
12 > I've been using them for the last couple of months with no major
13 > problems. I don't think it would be too difficult to adapt them for
14 > mplayer or any other application.
15 >
16 > I think that using cvs eclass based ebuilds instead of a snapshot tar
17 > ball is preferably, at least the end user is clear on the type of code
18 > that they are going to be receiving and attempting to compile.
19 >
20 > --
21 > Troy Dack
22
23 Hi;
24
25 I agree that cvs ebuilds are useful, as long as they
26 are named properly. Dont take away functionality from me, just
27 because I might shoot myself in the foot.
28 Can something like this be done for the app-doc/howto-*
29 ebuilds? The source these things come from seems to be generated
30 daily, and the frozen snapshot we have tends to be months old...
31 The latest is available for free, we should take advantage of it.
32
33 Paul
34 set@×××××.com