From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Compiling?
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:58:17
1 On Friday 05 November 2004 5:53 pm, Kaspars wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I try to understand about compiling in unix...
5
6 s/unix/Gentoo
7 make.conf is not a UNIX thing...
8
9 > In def you run ./configure --option && make && make install to get
10 > software... so you get the best suited software on specifik pc...
11
12 Not sure if that will work or if make.conf is only used for ebuilds...
13
14 > but if I want to compile programm for another pc, what have faster cpu, how
15 > to make compile for another pc?
16
17 I don't think cross-compiling support is complete yet in Gentoo.
18
19 > Just edit /etc/make.conf file with another pc options?
20
21 You might get it to work, but probably not if you're doing anything big or
22 core to the system... And then only if it's the same arch.
25 Luke-Jr
26 Developer, Utopios
27 http://utopios.org/
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list