From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Proposal of Change to the Gentoo User Relations Project
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:10:08
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:00:37 +0000 George Prowse
<cokehabit2003@××××××××.uk> wrote:
| I agree. Relations between users and Gentoo developers could be *alot*
| better. There seems an air of unapproachability, even elitism, from
| the development camp and it was only when I started helping in
| #gentoo-uk, organising events and became an AT that this became
| better.

You could look at it the other way around, too.

| Too few developers use the forums, they are usually the first stop for
| the beginners who have problems. Usually their problem can be fixed
| by a revdep-rebuild or modules-update but most developers (apart from
| Uberlord/Genone/Klieber) seem to stay away from it like the plague.

Perhaps you should consider *why* this is the case. There are plenty of
changes that could be made to the forums that would make them much less
inaccessible to developers.

Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
Mail            : ciaranm at
Web             :