From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Proposal
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:25:57
On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 17:07 -0700, Deedra Waters wrote:
> Only question i have about this is why can't managers be on the > investigative team. In a sense, i can sort of see why not, but i also > think that they should be allowed. Devrel does have a high content of > managers in it, though that number isn't as high as it used to be. > On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Michael Tindal wrote: >
Realistically, there might not be a choice. That depends on the composition of devrel, of course, and if the population count forces managers to be investigators, then so be it. It's better not, however. Ideally, an appeals panel should work only from the record before it and the arguments made by the parties involved. Personally, if I were on an appeals panel hearing a case I had previously investigated, I'd have trouble putting aside opinions I had formed during the appeals process (but I emphasise this is related to my own personal makeup). If nothing else, the ultimate outcome of any case decided on appeal would look more legitimate if investigation, adjudication, and appeal were handled by separate bodies. Or, maybe I'm just being to legalistic here?
> > -- > Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure - > dmwaters@g.o > Gentoo linux: >
Regards, Ferris -- Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o> Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-devrel] Proposal Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>