From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Portage per-package environment/behavior
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 17:34:04
On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 10:54:20AM -0800, Joshua Saddler wrote:
> > I disagree. It is actively being suggested on #gentoo, and we > > already document features that could (or even will) result in > > RESO:WONTFIX, like using ~arch (both for a small set of packages as > > well as the entire system). > > and who's suggesting it on #gentoo? users? devs? we need to talk to > the portage team and anyone else that would have to troubleshoot > build fixes caused by (ab)using it. if we get the okay from them, > then something like your proposed text should be added to the > handbook.
I'll bring it through -dev just to be sure. Regarding #gentoo suggestions, a quick grep in my logs shows it being mentinoed about twice a week, mostly by users (there aren't that many developers on it) but also a few developers (amongst some in the qa team). Of course, that's not considering the context of the discussion - it may be very well a specific scenario there. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen