From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Moving stuff to Gentoo Wiki?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:20:13
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 09:21:39PM +0200, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
> I generally prefer GDP, but it's obviously not possible to have 4 people > handle the same load as 20 people. By the way, I think that after your > return Sven the GDP can attract more contributors.
I'm no Messiah, and I'm grumpy. Two things not in favor of that ;-)
> > License-wise, this should be okay, as there is a version-up clause in the > > CC-BY-SA license most documents use. It would also allow us to focus on the > > installation instructions and, who knows, have some input for the Gentoo > > Wiki Knowledge base at > > ;-) > > Would the licensing also allow eventually taking the wiki articles and > adding them to GDP?
Yes, we recently support the same version as on the Wiki. Moving however does have its implications. Handling translations still needs to be sought out/through, although I can imagine that most translation teams also don't have the power of an entire army at their disposal to handle translations. And especially not for wiki's. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] Moving stuff to Gentoo Wiki? Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>