From: Fox <halfsocialfox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] ROS with Gentoo
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:20:37
1 Hello,
2 during my studies I had in different occasions to use ROS. I think it is
3 a great tool but it bothers me that I am usually forced to use Ubuntu in
4 order to have it working easily. In two previous attempts I tried to
5 have it working on my gentoo workstations unsuccessfully. I am not sure
6 if other people may have the same problem or not but in general I feel
7 like there is not much information on how to run it on gentoo either
8 because nobody is doing it or who has it working don't share the
9 information.
10
11 I have now the basic system working and I would like to somehow document
12 the little things that I had to solve step by step so that other people
13 doesn't have to struggle with it or even for myself in the future. I
14 thoguht on publishing it in wiki.gentoo.org but I wanted to ask first if
15 it would be a good place. I would't be a full documentation of something
16 stable but just a bunch modifications and steps that should be taken to
17 compile the base system only tested on my system.
18
19 Thank you
20 Quim