From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] ROS with Gentoo
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:55:53
1 I think using the wiki is a great idea.
2 On Feb 11, 2014 11:20 PM, "Fox" <halfsocialfox@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 > during my studies I had in different occasions to use ROS. I think it is a
6 > great tool but it bothers me that I am usually forced to use Ubuntu in
7 > order to have it working easily. In two previous attempts I tried to have
8 > it working on my gentoo workstations unsuccessfully. I am not sure if other
9 > people may have the same problem or not but in general I feel like there is
10 > not much information on how to run it on gentoo either because nobody is
11 > doing it or who has it working don't share the information.
12 >
13 > I have now the basic system working and I would like to somehow document
14 > the little things that I had to solve step by step so that other people
15 > doesn't have to struggle with it or even for myself in the future. I
16 > thoguht on publishing it in wiki.gentoo.org but I wanted to ask first if
17 > it would be a good place. I would't be a full documentation of something
18 > stable but just a bunch modifications and steps that should be taken to
19 > compile the base system only tested on my system.
20 >
21 > Thank you
22 > Quim