From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Handbook btrfs support
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:30:46
1 I was looking at the handbook. File system support seems limited in the
2 documentation of the handbook, some quite antiquated (reiserfs?).
3
4 Looking at the handbook it would seem to be quite extensible to support
5 one of the newer, extremely attractive, files systems (ZFS or btrfs).
6 My guess is that, license_wise, it would be easier to document the
7 use of btrfs in the handbook?
8
9 So, these are the sections that would need only limited prose to support
10 btrfs in the handbook:
11
12 2.b
13 4.b/4.d 4.e
14 6.a 6.b
15 7.b
16 8.a
17 9.e
18 10.e ?
19
20 The idea would be to use a single 2T drive, with the standard
21 (handbook) 3 partition scheme, with just the simplest gentoo system
22 set up with BTRFS.
23
24 Your comments and suggestions are most welcome. If this idea is deemed
25 meritorious, I'll take a crack at it and post what I discover after
26 performing a few of this proposed btrfs handbook installs?
29 your thoughts?
30 James