From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] fixing a setup guide
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:24:08
1 Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > Jan Kundrát wrote:
3 >> Josh Saddler wrote:
4 >>> 3. If you're interested in "maintaining" this guide, then it's as
5 >>> simple as opening a new bug against it and providing a patch with
6 >>> changes. We will review and fix the doc.
7 >>
8 >> And if you submit so many good patches that we get tired of committing
9 >> them, we'll ask you if you want to become a developer and maintain
10 >> stuff yourself.
11 >
12 > Yup; this is more or less how I was recruited. They got tired of having
13 > to make so many proxy-commits for me. ;)
14 >
15 > "Gosh darnit, do your own work!" they said, and thwopped me with CVS
16 > access.
20 OK all of this is fine (wonderful). However, I'm a slave to other
21 responsibilities so this is all as I get time to develop some
22 deliverables to the gentoo community. Surely I have a few things to
23 learn, in a greater depth.
24
25 I'll start by enhancements to the jffnms installation doc.....
26
27 Then we'll go from there.
30 James
35 gentoo-doc@l.g.o mailing list