From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Use of link attribute in <guide> tag
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:33:51
Hi guys,

If I look at the XSL files, we do not seem to have a dependency on the
<guide link="..." /> usage anymore (I'm talking about the @link attribute).
Running guides without the link tag doesn't seem to break stuff (there are
already quite a few guides without @link). However, that doesn't mean there
isn't any breakage outside.

nightmorph suggested me that it might be possible that some translation
teams are using this information within their own infrastructure for
particular reasons.

Can anyone check if they require this tag to be filled in (in the English
guides)? If not, I'll be removing those attributes from the guides in
/doc/en as well as remove references to it from guides such as
xml-guide.xml.

See also bug #379883 as some kind of "tracker" (for those not subscribed to
the list or using a different escalation path ;-)

Wkr,
	Sven Vermeulen