From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Re: Handbooks / Autobuilds: What needs to be done?
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 11:31:06
1 Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> posted 49FA0A33.9010800@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:29:39 -0700:
3
4 > Now, on the forums and on our highly visible public mailing lists, I've
5 > continually asked for help for years, wanting to get in some fresh new
6 > talents to keep up with the English documentation. Unfortunately, since
7 > I started helping write docs in 2005, we haven't seen a single new
8 > dedicated English editor. Not someone who later becomes a developer, nor
9 > a regular user from the Gentoo community.
10
11 Hmm... it takes some people years to be ready. Unfortunately, for them,
12 ready happens in its own time, and can't be rushed to any visible
13 effect. Fortunately, those same folks tend to stick around equally long,
14 and often see generations of others come and go.
15
16 So don't get too discouraged over it. OTOH, having some of those faster
17 evolving generations to help in the mean time helps with the load, and
18 unfortunately as you said, that hasn't happened here either.
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman