From: Anant Narayanan <anant@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Translations for GMN
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:13:36
1 Hi,
2
3 Some of you may have heard about the transition to a monthly
4 newsletter (GMN) instead of the weekly newsletter. We'd like to try
5 this out for a while to see how it pans out.
6
7 This email is a call for translators for the GMN. I'd like to do some
8 co-ordination to make sure that we publish the translations as quickly
9 as possible. Here's my plan (I don't know how things were done with
10 the GWN, so feel free to suggest changes):
11
12 1) The GMN is scheduled to be published on the 3rd monday of every
13 month. Deadline for new articles will be the preceding friday and I
14 will send a draft version to -core on Sunday.
15
16 2) Simultaneously, I will also email -doc with a link to the draft
17 version, so you can begin translating.
18
19 3) There may a few (minor) changes between the draft version and the
20 final version, but the final version won't be published until Monday,
21 00:00 UTC. You can push the final translated version whenever you're
22 done.
23
24 4) I will link to http://www.gentoo.org/news/<lang>/gmn/gmn.xml in
25 every issue. (Note the change in directory - gwn to gmn). The english
26 version of the GMN index page can be found at http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/gmn.xml
27 (for translation reference).
28
29 Could someone from the docs team make sure that the feeds are still
30 generated properly? The /cvsroot/news/en/gmn directory has already
31 been created, but I didn't want to do anything related to feed
32 generation without asking you folks first :)
33
34 Let me know what you think. Thanks!
35
36 Regards,