From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:42:08
Xavier Neys wrote:

> Adding a disclaimer at the beginning of a doc is a good idea IMO. > > I have implemented a proposal with the following disclaimers: > "articles" for republished articles > "oldbook" self-explanatory > "obsolete" idem > Disclaimers can also auto-redirect users, very useful for obsolete docs.
I have added "draft" and used attributes (disclaimer & redirect) instead of yet another element. It feels better(tm) to me.
> Now about outdated translations:
> 0) All languages must have a metadoc.xml. Not a problem IMO. <metadoc/> > will do for currently unsupported languages. > 1) We have to use metadoc and *may not* test the corresponding file (ie. > s:/pl/:/en/:) as that would force us to keep files we want to remove in > /doc/en/ until all translated versions have disappeared. > 2) Reminder: the date of a handbook is the max_date(master, all parts) > 3) Some of you need to stop bumping dates needlessly because it would > make translations look older then they actually are. > 4) link attributes must contain the full path, no more <book > link="handbook-x86.xml"> (not required on my test site, but would be on > www.g.o)
> At the moment, it is limited to /doc as dates are not reliable outside > of /doc anyway (not yyyy-mm-dd formatted or not bumped properly).
> > FYI, an inserts would like like >
Disclaimer & redirect () Yea () Nay Note about more recent English version () Yea () Nay Cheers, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / French & Internationalisation Lead \ /\ -- gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list