From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Decommissioning of Documentation Project and move to Wiki Project
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 11:46:15
1 On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 07:15:51PM -0700, joshua saddler wrote:
2 >
3 > > On Aug 1, 2016, at 10:24 AM, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Hi all,
6 > >
7 > > As mentioned in a previous mail, we're going to decommission the Gentoo
8 > > Documentation Project (for now) and put all documentation development
9 > > efforts under the Gentoo Wiki Project umbrella. I am suggesting the
10 > > following approach to do so, in a gently manner.
11 [...]
12 > > 4. Remove all members from Gentoo Documentation Project
13 > >
14 > > I will remove all members from the Gentoo Documentation Project and its
15 > > subproject, the Gentoo Documentation Translation Project. A single user will
16 > > remain (myself) with indication that it is for housekeeping until final
17 > > removal.
18 > >
19 > > Note that there will be two developers (jkt and jaaf) who will no longer
20 > > have any active project associated with them!
21 >
22 > does this mean that existing GDP members should add ourselves to the Wiki project(1) to list our continued involvement in maintaining the wiki docs?
23
24 This is up to the Wiki project to see if they find that editors who are also
25 Gentoo developers can add them to that project or not. I *think* that it is
26 not meant to contain editors/authors, a few exceptions notwithstanding.
27
28 Wkr,
29 Sven Vermeulen