From: Marcello Magaldi <magowiz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: Help with translating gmn from/into german
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:49:39
1 2008/1/23, Dirk Salewski <dirk@×××××.de>:
2 > > Sure. The draft version of the GMN is just up at
3 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~anant/gmn/20080121-newsletter.xml
4 > >
5 > > If you could translate that page and this one:
6 > > http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/gmn.xml
7 > >
8 > > and send them to gentoo-doc@g.o and this email,
9 > > we would really appreciate it.
10 >
11 > Hello Anant, hello gentoo-docs,
12 >
13 > I started translating the first document and subscribed to the mailing list
14 > gentoo-doc, as suggested. The second document, however, doesn't seem to
15 > exist. Will it be available later?
16 >
17 > Two more questions (sorry for bugging):
18 >
19 > 1) Is there a deadline until the translations for GMN have to be delivered?
20 > 2) Are there special tools for translating? I downloaded the GMN as
21 > html-file and use app-text/omegat for translation right now. This would be
22 > stupid if it is needed as (say) openoffice-document or if a web-based
23 > collaboration platform (like Launchpad) existed.
24
25 for what I know it's necessary to download the xml file and translate
26 it , personally I use gedit to translate gentoo-docs.
29 > Best regards,
30 >
31 > Dirk Salewski
32 > --