From: Dirk Salewski <dirk@×××××.de>
To: anant@g.o, gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Re: Help with translating gmn from/into german
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:14:34
1 > Sure. The draft version of the GMN is just up at
2 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~anant/gmn/20080121-newsletter.xml
3 >
4 > If you could translate that page and this one:
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/gmn.xml
6 >
7 > and send them to gentoo-doc@g.o and this email,
8 > we would really appreciate it.
9
10 Hello Anant, hello gentoo-docs,
11
12 I started translating the first document and subscribed to the mailing list
13 gentoo-doc, as suggested. The second document, however, doesn't seem to
14 exist. Will it be available later?
15
16 Two more questions (sorry for bugging):
17
18 1) Is there a deadline until the translations for GMN have to be delivered?
19 2) Are there special tools for translating? I downloaded the GMN as
20 html-file and use app-text/omegat for translation right now. This would be
21 stupid if it is needed as (say) openoffice-document or if a web-based
22 collaboration platform (like Launchpad) existed.
23
24 Best regards,
25
26 Dirk Salewski