From: "Łukasz Damentko" <rane@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] hd* and sd* conditionals
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:14:30
1 On 31/03/2008, Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hey all. We've been using conditional includes for hd* and sd* block
3 > devices, based on whether or not the system in question is based on
4 > SCSI/SATA disks or IDE disks. However, given the libata framework in the
5 > kernel, I'm questioning whether or not this is still appropriate.
6 >
7 > My proposal: start using /dev/sd* everywhere, for all arches. We would
8 > still keep the descriptive hb-install-filesystems.xml include, as that
9 > talks about libata and SATA and IDE, but we could greatly simplify our
10 > handbook by just moving to sd* everywhere.
11 >
12 > Wait until after release to do this, though. Thoughts? :)
13
14 Wait until after the release and then do it.
15
16 With regards,
17
18 Łukasz Damentko