From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] hd* and sd* conditionals
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:22:32
1 Hey all. We've been using conditional includes for hd* and sd* block
2 devices, based on whether or not the system in question is based on
3 SCSI/SATA disks or IDE disks. However, given the libata framework in the
4 kernel, I'm questioning whether or not this is still appropriate.
5
6 My proposal: start using /dev/sd* everywhere, for all arches. We would
7 still keep the descriptive hb-install-filesystems.xml include, as that
8 talks about libata and SATA and IDE, but we could greatly simplify our
9 handbook by just moving to sd* everywhere.
10
11 Wait until after release to do this, though. Thoughts? :)