From: Shyam Mani <fox2mike@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] american english/british english/??? english
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:01:12

Jack Dark wrote:
> While browsing the docs in search of general spelling errors, I > noticed that a few documents had internationalized spelling of certain > words. Are the docs generally supposed to be written in American > English--as most of the English ones seem to be--or is that > unimportant? I have no particular preference either way; the addition
I think that as long as we get the point across and the word/sentence is correct english, it doesn't matter.
> or subtraction of a few letters from the odd word doesn't bother me. I > was just wondering if doc writers are supposed to adhere to one > consistent spelling scheme even though it might be outside of their > region.
Don't think so.
> For example, do the doc writers from the UK have to spell using > American English (or Australian English), even though it's not what > they're familiar with, or are the guidelines much more relaxed and > permit one's native lexicon to be used?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] american english/british english/??? english Jack Dark <jackdark@×××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-doc] american english/british english/??? english Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>