From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] How do you organize your devices?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:56:14
1 Dear list,
2
3 Like many of you, my collection of boards that I currently need to deal
4 with has grown over the years to a dozen or so. I'm sure that some of
5 you will probably even think that number is on the small-ish side of the
6 scale.
7
8 However, because I work from home, I find that my boards are often just
9 cluttering up my work area.
10
11 For a while, I had them packed into a small drawer-unit-on-wheels along
12 with my external hard disks and random peripherals. However, after a
13 while, that was not as searchable as I thought it would be.
14
15 At one point, I thought it would be nice to screw them all down on a
16 large cork-board that was outfitted with a power bar, which I would then
17 mount on the wall, effectively transforming the collection into a
18 functional work of silicon art. However, I'm sure that this list could
19 provide with many other interesting organizational methods for SBC's and
20 their like.
21
22 Therefore, let me post my question to the list:
23
24 How do you organize your devices?
27 Many thanks,
28