From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] How do you organize your devices?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:12:14
1 Christopher Friedt wrote:
2 > Dear list,
3 >
4 > Like many of you, my collection of boards that I currently need to deal
5 > with has grown over the years to a dozen or so. I'm sure that some of
6 > you will probably even think that number is on the small-ish side of the
7 > scale.
8 >
9 > However, because I work from home, I find that my boards are often just
10 > cluttering up my work area.
11 >
12 > For a while, I had them packed into a small drawer-unit-on-wheels along
13 > with my external hard disks and random peripherals. However, after a
14 > while, that was not as searchable as I thought it would be.
15 >
16 > At one point, I thought it would be nice to screw them all down on a
17 > large cork-board that was outfitted with a power bar, which I would then
18 > mount on the wall, effectively transforming the collection into a
19 > functional work of silicon art. However, I'm sure that this list could
20 > provide with many other interesting organizational methods for SBC's and
21 > their like.
22 >
23 > Therefore, let me post my question to the list:
24 >
25 > How do you organize your devices?
26
27 I like to use those semi-disposable (meh. recyclable) tupperware-like
28 containers that are used for storing single servings of left-overs.
29 They're transparent enough to see what board, cables, and power adapters
30 are inside. They take a sharpie well for labeling, and they're
31 stackable. Throw a desiccant from a previous shipment in there and you
32 have long term storage.
33
34 Not that I'm supporting a single brand, but this [1] is what I'm talking
35 about.
36
37 hth,
38