From: Kelly Price <strredwolf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] writing device drivers howto
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:50:55
1 On 8/22/06, andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at <andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at> wrote:
2 > This is some sort of offtopic, but I guess this is the best point to ask.
3 > I have an embedded system running linux. I need to access some special
4 > registers (e.g. containing the clock cycles, ...) So I managed to write a
5 > very simple module, which is able to access the registers. But what makes me
6 > worrying now, is the way, I have to get the data into my user-space
7 > application. Is there some documentation, concerning writing device drivers
8 > and accessing them from the user space anywhere? I found some documentation,
9 > but either I did not understand the part about getting data from kernel
10 > space into user space, or it was just simply missing.
13 Check the Linux Journal on Miscellaneous Character Devices. There's
14 an article there you can use to base your work on.
17 Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
18 http://strredwolf.furrynet.com
19 --
20 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list