From: andreas.sumper@×××××××××.at
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] writing device drivers howto
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:38:39
1 Hi list!
2
3 This is some sort of offtopic, but I guess this is the best point to ask.
4 I have an embedded system running linux. I need to access some special
5 registers (e.g. containing the clock cycles, ...) So I managed to write a
6 very simple module, which is able to access the registers. But what makes
7 me worrying now, is the way, I have to get the data into my user-space
8 application. Is there some documentation, concerning writing device
9 drivers and accessing them from the user space anywhere? I found some
10 documentation, but either I did not understand the part about getting data
11 from kernel space into user space, or it was just simply missing.
12
13 Maybe anyone here can help me out!
14
15 Thanks in advance and kind regards!