From: "Philippe Clérié" <philippe@××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] busybox + python questions
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:37:28
1 The default configuration of busybox (1.1.3) installs a /bin/bb executable to
2 which nothing apparently is linked. I renamed it, played with a few applets
3 and so far nothing is broken. What is that bb for?
4
5 I am discovering that python is really not something I might want installed on
6 a small system. The base package is about 22MB on disk. 2/3 of that it seems
7 are pyc and pyo files. Plus there are quite a few packages I don't anticipate
8 needing. Can we reduce that footprint? Or do I have to give up on python?
9
10 I am shooting for a 16MB or less root ramdisk.
16 Philippe
17
18 ------
19 The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
20 <Anonymous>
21 --
22 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list