From: Ahmed Ammar <b33fc0d3@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Auto Repair Cross Includes?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:45:56
1 On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 10:12 -0700, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > I've been toying with an idea after seeing a patch which would abort()
3 > when it detected host includes for cross compiles. I did not like the
4 > idea of aborting as it prevented me from building pkgs that had the same
5 > headers in $ROOT as /. I did like the fact there was a little QA I could
6 > slip in there. After thinking about it a while. I said fsck the QA and
7 > just fixed the problem. Here is what I came up with for gcc-4.2.4..
8 >
9 > While in my testing I'm finding this works beautifully. However I'd like
10 > some input from others on what they think of such an idea.
11 > Good/Bad/Other?
12 >
13 > Basic goal detect ^/usr/include and rewrite it to $ROOT/usr/include if
14 > using a cross compiler and ROOT is set.
15
16 I really like this idea, seems clean and simple to do it from gcc. I
17 haven't tested this out yet though but I can't see why it wouldn't work.
21 Ahmed Ammar (b33fc0d3 [at] gentoo.org)