From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gumstix anyone?
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:58:36
1 Benjamin Burns wrote:
2 > I second the question, as I'm curious as well. However -- I think it
3 > might be more appropriate/worthwhile to ask about the buildroot
4 > portage package on the gumstix-users mailing list. You can subscribe
5 > to it at http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=98784 -- if you don't
6 > wish to subscribe (it's a quite busy list) I can pose the question
7 > there and forward the response (if any) back to you individually, or
8 > to the entire list.
9 >
10 > -Ben
11 >
12 > M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
13 >> I am getting a couple of Gumstix small computers, and I'm wondering
14 >> if there are any Gentoo embedded folks working with them. So far,
15 >> I've downloaded their software development tools and, apart from
16 >> needing some GCC juggling and a Ruby version conflict, everything
17 >> seems to be working. I'll know more once I get the real hardware,
18 >> though.
19 >>
20 >> What I found interesting is that the Gumstix "buildroot" environment
21 >> contains a package called "portage". Is this a Gentoo Portage as we
22 >> know it, or something else called "portage"? These are fascinating
23 >> little gizmos -- a 400 MHz XScale CPU, 64 MB of RAM, 16 MB of flash,
24 >> two serial ports, a USB port, a bluetooth adapter and a slot for up
25 >> to a GB of MMC memory in a box the size of a pack of gum.
26 >>
27 I'm already on the list ... I was saving the question until I had a
28 chance to look at the source.
31 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P)
32 http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/
33
34 If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given rabbits fire.
37 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list