From: Stuart Longland <stuartl@×××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] musl x86 profiles: do they inherit from uclibc?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 02:16:17
1 On 26/01/18 13:58, Stuart Longland wrote:
2 > AMD64 doesn't seem to have this problem, only i[456]86. The only place
3 > where I see libintl called out as a system dependency is in the µClibc
4 > profiles. The only way I got around this error was to run the following:
5 >
6 >> sed -i -e '/libintl/ d' /usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/uclibc/packages
7 > If the hardened/linux/musl/x86 profile indeed does not inherit
8 > default/linux/uclibc, then it shouldn't make a difference, but the fact
9 > it did makes me wonder.
10
11 So it's been discovered that in fact, they do…
12
13 https://bugs.gentoo.org/645926
14
15 Thus the few x86 users there are (probably just me by the sounds of
16 things), we'll have to hold tight a little while until the new profiles
17 are released.
18 --
19 Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)
20
21 I haven't lost my mind...
22 ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.