From: Stuart Longland <stuartl@×××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] musl x86 profiles: do they inherit from uclibc?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 03:58:57
1 [Let me try that again… now with the right email address subscribed…]
2
3 Hi all,
4
5 Just a silly question, do the profiles for x86 musl inherit from the
6 uclibc profiles at all?
7
8 Reason I ask is that when trying to do an `emerge -e @system` in a musl
9 chroot; it is insisting on installing dev-libs/libintl… then complaining
10 about musl's presence.
11
12 AMD64 doesn't seem to have this problem, only i[456]86. The only place
13 where I see libintl called out as a system dependency is in the µClibc
14 profiles. The only way I got around this error was to run the following:
15
16 > sed -i -e '/libintl/ d' /usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/uclibc/packages
17
18 If the hardened/linux/musl/x86 profile indeed does not inherit
19 default/linux/uclibc, then it shouldn't make a difference, but the fact
20 it did makes me wonder.
21 --
22 Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)
23
24 I haven't lost my mind...
25 ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.